If you’re looking to publish regular content on your Facebook Page, scheduling Facebook posts ahead of time might be a good idea. If you decide to schedule a post, it makes managing a social media content calendar much more efficient. That way, you can avoid long gaps between posts and stay on top of your social media strategy with little effort.
In this guide, you will learn how to schedule a post using two options: the Facebook Business Suite and Simplified Content Scheduler.
How to Schedule Posts Using Facebook Business Suite
In its most recent update, Facebook now has an option to schedule posts using what they call the Creator Studio. It was previously known as Facebook Publishing Tool. Here’s a guide on how to schedule a post on Facebook using this feature.
- Go to your Facebook Page and choose “Creator Studio” from the choices on the left menu.
- If you are managing multiple Facebook pages, make sure you select the right one.
- Click the green button on the upper left that says “Create New”
- Choose from the dropdown menu depending on what type of content you need to post.
- Start adding the details of the post such as media uploads, captions, etc.
- Choose if you want to publish now or schedule it at a later time.
Facebook Creator Studio is a great way to manage your Facebook Business Pages, but there are some pros and cons:
- You can manage multiple Facebook pages via Creator Studio.
- To schedule Facebook posts via Creator Studio, you need to be the admin or have permission to manage the pages.
- You can create, schedule or post on the backdate on Facebook pages via Creator Studio.
- Facebook doesn’t allow Creator Studio or any third-party Facebook scheduler to schedule posts for your personal Facebook profiles.
- You can’t schedule posts on your Facebook groups via Creator Studio.
- The scheduling option is not available for Facebook stories.
- You can’t schedule posts via your Facebook mobile app directly. You need to have the Creator Studio mobile app for it.
- You can only schedule your posts for the next 75 days.
How to Schedule Posts Using the Simplified Content Scheduler
Since there are limitations when scheduling Facebook posts using the Creator Studio, it’s best to use a different platform for it. That’s where the Simplified Content Scheduler comes in.
- Go to your Simplified dashboard and click on “Content Calendar”
- Select “Facebook” as the platform to create a connection
- Choose whether to connect to a Facebook Group or a Facebook Page
- Choose the Facebook Page you want to use
- Click on “New Post” at the upper right portion and add details to your post
- Choose a date and time to schedule your post
- You can connect several accounts from different social media platforms, not just Facebook.
- You can simultaneously create a post for different accounts and platforms.
- There’s no need to change tabs if you want to post for a different social media account.
- Your simultaneous posts can be scheduled at the same time or at different times, you just have to choose to customize the time for each post.
- You can easily see a content calendar when you click on the calendar tab.
- When you click a day on the calendar, you can see all the times of the day that you can post.
- It literally looks like a planner with monthly, weekly, and daily options!
- You can create your posts right from the Content Calendar.
- You can upload your own designs straight from Simplified’s design templates.
- Amazing feature: A Google Chrome Extension that lets you post anything you find on the internet!
How to use Simplified’s Google Chrome Extension
Simplified’s Chrome Extension lets you post any content that you find on the internet straight to your content calendar without the need to leave the current website you’re browsing.
- Go to the Chrome web store search extensions and look for Simplified One App
- Click “Add to Chrome” and select “Add extension” to place a shortcut on your top toolbar
- Click on the puzzle piece icon, go to Simplified One App, and click the thumbtack icon
- Browse the internet and find any content that you’d like to share on social media
- Click the Simplified icon on your top toolbar and automatically create a post to schedule your chosen content to your Simplified calendar for any of your connected platforms
This amazing feature makes it super easy to post anything on the internet with just a few clicks. You don’t even have to open a different tab to be able to share on social media.
Why Do You Need to Schedule Facebook posts?
You might be wondering why you should schedule a post rather than publish it manually. If you do not schedule Facebook posts, you’re losing precious time and missing out on other important things you could focus on. Here are the reasons why you should opt for scheduling Facebook posts:
1. To maintain consistency and quality
The most important reason why you should schedule a post is to ensure that you’re posting consistently and to maintain the quality of your posts. Because you are scheduling ahead of time, you won’t have to worry about missing a day of posting in case you get caught up in other things. Because you are creating posts in advance, you can think about high-quality posts without time constraints.
2. To reach a wider audience
Scheduling Facebook posts saves you time especially if you want to reach a global audience. You can schedule a post at various times of the day without going beyond your working hours. With this feature, you can post at any time whether late at night or wee hours of the morning without having to stay awake just to publish manually.
3. To become more efficient
As a marketing professional or social media manager, scheduling Facebook posts can make you more efficient at work. Imagine scheduling weekly posts in just one day. You can save so much time and energy. You can focus more on planning your content strategy for the coming weeks.
One Free app to design, collaborate, and scale your work – try Simplified today.
Posting regularly will help you stay engaged with your followers and gain new ones. Not to mention, a regular posting schedule can also help you stick to your social media marketing strategy. If you don’t know how to schedule posts on Facebook, we hope this guide has helped you.